Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My life up to date

Well I arrived at Fort Riley on March 28th. My first impression was Manhattan. The horizon is like a straight line. There are no mountains at all. That's weird to me. I am getting a little bit more used to it but I definetly miss Cali.

I met a dear friend named Russell. She is awesome and has an Australian accent (which is awesome in it self). I also met my friends Rick, Randy, and Marie. We love to go camping every weekend (for about the last 5 weekends!!). We went to Milford Lake... I LOVE IT! It was beautiful and amazing and so relaxing.

When I went camping though I did have a bad experience... Rick and I were in the raft and we were struggling to get across and so Randy was going to pull the raft back as Rick and I jumped out to swim back. Apparently i didn't tie it down good enough and the raft flipped over and over and over... As soon as I jumped in the water panic struck me. I was starting to freak out and couldn't breathe right. So I held onto the back of the kyiak and Randy was pulling us in. A very nice family in a boat came up and eventually got Rick and me out of the water and took us to the boat ramp... if Randy wasn't out there I don't think I would be here right now. I was that freaked out. It was a little scary...

Work has been going good. We are back to 8 hour days (we were pulling 12 hour days for like a month and a half). So now the days seem to go by so much faster. haha Tomorrow we are BBQ-ing as a company and we are off by about 2. It is a 4 day weekend and I am working on my motorcycle brakes this weekend. I have staff duty on Saturday (i start at 0900 on Saturday and it ends at 0900 Sunday morning). ANd then Sunday is Russell's birthday!! So we are going to have a lot of fun!

I sure do miss home and I miss everyone ... I wish some days I could just be home. I love you.

1 comment: